My name is Fadhil Yaacob (pronounce Fa-dale ). I am a Software Engineer at Onapp CDN. I’m based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
During my free time, I enjoy shredding my guitar. You can see some videos in my Youtube channel .
I have been working in Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Video Streaming industry for 3+ years and have been coding professionally in Python during that period. I have a deep understanding of how CDN works in addition to web development and DevOps knowledge. Along the way, I have been working many technologies.
I have experience in developing:
- Monolithic web services using Django and Spring in production. I’m learning Elixir Phoenix for fun.
- Microservices using Flask, FastAPI and Golang Echo (non-production)
- Serverless Function as a Service (FaaS) using AWS CDK, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, S3, CloudFront
- Web frontend using VueJS & NuxtJS , jQuery, Bulma & Bootstrap and Tailwind.
- Other technologies/services: Firebase Auth, GraphQL, APM using Scout APM, Raygun & Sentry for error tracking, Logentries, Heroku
I have strong experience with the following technologies running in production:
- Kubernetes (On-prem) with k3s
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Elastic stack
- Puppet configuration management
- On-prem log aggregation using Grafana Loki
- Monitoring System: Nagios, InfluxDB, Grafana and NetData
- CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Google Cloud Build
- Google Cloud Platform (GKE, GCE, BigQuery, Cloud Build, GCS & IAM)
I also have some experience with the following technologies:
Trainings & Certifications#
I also have finished many online courses to broaden my knowledge. These are my certificate of completions:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate 2020 by A Cloud Guru
- AWS ECS - Scaling Docker by A Cloud Guru
- Kubernetes Deep Dive by A Cloud Guru
- Introduction to Ansible by A Cloud Guru
- Qwiklabs Profile
I also occasionally post what I have learned in my Github repository. Refer here
You can also see here for things that excites me in 2020. Those are some of the things I wish to learn in 2020.