My name is Fadhil Yaacob (pronounce Fa-dale ). I am a Software Engineer and freelance Go developer. I’m based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
During my free time, I enjoy cooking with my wife and shredding my guitar \m/ You can see some videos in my Youtube channel .
I have been working on Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Video Streaming products for 3+ years at Onapp and have been coding professionally in Python during that period. I have a deep understanding of how CDN works in addition to web development and DevOps knowledge.
Besides, I was also working as a freelance Go developer, helping companies building prototypes and projects .
I have experience in developing:
- Monolithic web services using Django , Go and Java Spring in production.
- Microservices using Flask, FastAPI for side projects.
- Serverless Function as a Service (FaaS) using AWS CDK, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, S3, CloudFront.
- Web frontend using Vue & Nuxt , jQuery, Bulma, Bootstrap and Tailwind.
- Other technologies/services: Firebase Auth, GraphQL, APM using Scout APM, Raygun & Sentry for error tracking, Logentries, Heroku.
I have strong experience with the following technologies running in production:
- Kubernetes (On-prem) with k3s
- MySQL / MariaDB
- Elastic stack
- Puppet configuration management
- On-prem log aggregation using Grafana Loki
- Monitoring System: Nagios, InfluxDB, Grafana and NetData
- CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Google Cloud Build
- Google Cloud Platform (GKE, GCE, BigQuery, Cloud Build, GCS & IAM)
I also have some experience with the following technologies:
Trainings & Certifications#
I also have finished many online courses to broaden my knowledge. These are my certificate of completions:
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate 2020 by A Cloud Guru
- AWS ECS - Scaling Docker by A Cloud Guru
- Kubernetes Deep Dive by A Cloud Guru
- Introduction to Ansible by A Cloud Guru
- Qwiklabs Profile
I also occasionally post what I have learned in my Github repository. Refer here